Today, awareness amongst the consumer regarding chemical-based products is widespread than ever before due to social media. People are being eco-aware and conscious about the things they invest in by checking the ingredients brands use in their products. Two of the popular Indian brands viz. Mamaearth and Wow are nature-based beauty brands that strive to offer natural ingredients to the consumers through their products. But the question is, Mamaearth vs. Wow- which is better?
Both the brands are doing pretty well in the market and myriads of customers seem to love their unique product range. To compare between the brands thoroughly, we will review and compare some of their similar products and see which one is better to derive a conclusion.
Wow and Mamaearth Review: Brand Introduction
WOW Skin Science
Established in 2014, Wow Skin Science is a popular brand dedicated to producing natural, beauty and health products. Based in Bangalore, India, the brand sells a wide range of products including hair care, skin care, healthcare, supplements, minerals, teas and herbs. Their best-selling products are Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo, Wow Onion Black Seed Hair Oil, Aloe Vera Gel and Apple Cider Vinegar Foaming Face Wash.
Their herbal products are formulated with skin-friendly, natural ingredients and offered at an affordable price. It does NOT use parabens, mineral oil, sulphates, silicones, artificial colours, and harmful chemicals in its formulations. Their products are dermatologically tested for your safety.
Founded in 2016, Mamaearth’s popularity spread like a wildfire due to their natural, plant-based products. The main objective behind the brand was to sell 100% safe, natural and chemical-free baby care products. Now, the brand offers a variety of natural products which are effective as well as certified safe. The ingredients are sourced from best sources across the globe that are GMP, ISO and Non-GMO compliant.
Best thing about Mamaearth is their transparency. You can read about every ingredient added to their products under the ingredients section. Their products are all dermatologically tested, FDA-approved and Made Safe Certified.
Wow or Mamaearth: Which is better Hair Oil?
Wow Onion Black Seed Hair Oil and Mamaearth Onion Hair Oil- both the products are best-sellers in the market. However, Wow Onion Black Seed Hair Oil is top-rated and has more positive reviews than the Mamaearth variant. This is because it contains a blend of various cold pressed oils that promote hair growth, strengthen hair from the root and reduce hair fall altogether.
Wow Onion Hair Oil
- Wow Onion Black Seed Hair Oil contains a blend of natural, cold pressed oils to promote hair growth and reduce hair fall. The Onion Black Seed Oil is further blended with Sweet Almond, Extra Virgin Olive, Jojoba, Castor, Coconut and Moroccan Argan Oil. The product is 100% vegan and dermatologically tested.
WOW Skin Science Onion Hair Oil With Black Seed Oil Extracts - Controls Hair Fall - No Mineral Oil, Silicones & Synthetic Fragrance - 200 ml
Rs. 352 in stock
Mamaearth Onion Hair Oil
- Mamaearth Onion Oil, on the other hand, contains Onion seed oil, Redensyl, Almond oil, Amla oil, Bhringraj Oil and Castor Oil. This one is also one of the top-selling products, known to effectively promote hair growth.
Wow vs Mamaearth: Vitamin C Serum
- Wow Vitamin C Serum claims to have 20% Vitamin C, Witch Hazel and Hyaluronic Acid as its key ingredients. The presence of fragrance is what makes this serum less desirable, especially for people with sensitive skin.
WOW Skin Science Vitamin C Serum - Skin Clearing Serum - Brightening, Anti-Aging Skin Repair, Supercharged Face Serum, Dark Circle, Fine Line & Sun Damage Corrector, Genuine 20% - 30ml
Rs. 435 in stock
- Mamaearth Skin Illuminate Face Serum contains Vitamin C, Turmeric, Squalane and Nymphaea Alba Flower Extract to make your skin smooth, nourished and firm. It is slightly better than the Wow Vitamin C Serum due to absence of excessive fragrance. Only downside is that the % of vitamin C is not stated, which is a bit upsetting.
Mamaearth Skin Illuminate Vitamin C Face Serum For Glowing and Radiant Skin with High Potency Vitamin C & Turmeric; For Men and Women 30 g
Mamaearth vs Wow Face Wash
As compared to Mamaearth, Wow Skin Science has a huge variety of face washes for different skin concerns. Wow face wash range is top-rated and quite popular amongst consumers for their effectiveness.
- Wow offers an extensive range of face washes to suit your skin type and concern. Apple Cider Vinegar, Vitamin C and Ubtan Face Wash are all best-sellers in the market. Other than this, they offer Activated Charcoal, Aloe Vera, Anti-Acne, Coconut, Greek Yogurt, Green Tea, Moroccan Argan Oil and various other face washes. All of them are effective and dermatologically tested.
WOW Skin Science Brightening Vitamin C Foaming Face Wash with Built-In Face Brush for Deep Cleansing - No Parabens, Sulphate, Silicones & Color, 150 ml
Rs. 289 in stock
WOW Skin Science Apple Cider Vinegar Foaming Face Wash - with Organic Certified Himalayan Apple Cider Vinegar - No Parabens, Sulphate, Silicones & Color (with Built-in Brush) - 150mL
Rs. 311 in stock
- Mamaearth Vitamin C and Ubtan Face Wash are two of their best-selling products. The Vitamin C variant is one of the most effective face washes with presence of Turmeric in it. It makes your face brighter, hydrated and smoother.
Mamaearth Ubtan Natural Face Wash for All Skin Type with Turmeric & Saffron for Tan removal and Skin brightning 100 ml - SLS & Paraben Free
Wow vs Mamaearth Shampoo: Which is better?
- Wow Skin Science offers a wide range of shampoo products such as Apple Cider Vinegar, Onion, Coconut Milk, Green Tea & Tea Tree, Moroccan Argan Oil, Miracle 10-in-1, Himalayan Rose, Oud 2-in-1 Shampoo and the list goes on. Their Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo is the top-rated, most popular shampoo on Amazon. For a natural shampoo, it lathers up pretty well, which signifies it does contain some amount of foaming agents in it. Few customers have found their shampoo ineffective, as it makes their hair dry and frizzy. It can be mainly due to the presence of fragrance and chemicals in it.
WOW Skin Science Onion Shampoo With Red Onion Seed Oil Extract, Black Seed Oil & Pro-Vitamin B5 - No Parabens, Sulphates, Silicones, Color & Peg - 300 ml
Rs. 299 in stock
Mamaearth Onion Shampoo
- Mamaearth Onion Shampoo claims to have Onion Seed oil, Keratin, D-Panthenol and Vitamin E. As compared to Wow, Mamaearth Onion Shampoo does not lather much and has a mild fragrance, making it suitable for sensitive skin. However, many customers have claimed that it does NOT clean the oil and dirt on the scalp thoroughly. You might want to repeat wash cycles to clean your scalp properly.
Mamaearth Onion Hair Fall Shampoo for Hair Growth & Hair Fall Control, with Onion Oil & Plant Keratin 250ml
Again, both the brands offer a wide range of nature-based shampoo for hair growth. Wow Skin Science Apple Cider Vinegar broke the market and became a hot-selling product with loads of positive reviews. It all comes down to your hair type and hair concern. You can get a sample product to see if the shampoo suits your hair well.
Now, the real question is Wow vs Mamaearth which is better?
Wow Skin Science seems to state only the key ingredients on most of their products, which is a bit unsettling. Mamaearth is a better brand when it comes to transparency. They mention the complete list of ingredients used in their products along with the source from which it is derived.
As for fragrance, Wow products have a stronger fragrance than Mamaearth products. If you look at the ingredients list of both the brands, you’ll know that Mamaearth leans more towards natural ingredients. What makes it more reliable is that it is Asia’s first brand with MADE SAFE™ Certification for its baby care products. Mamaearth also won ‘The Economic Times Best Brands 2019’ Award, which adds more credibility to the brand. They do not add fragrance or artificial colours in their products at all. All of the products are dermatologically tested in European Union strict standard compliant QAC Labs in Europe. Besides, Mamaearth products are FDA-approved as well.
To conclude, Mamaearth tends to win the race for being more inclined towards natural ingredients compared to Wow Skin Science. To be on the safer side, you need to read reviews, check unbiased reviews of beauty influencers and read the product description properly to know whether it will suit your concern or not.
Top 10 Best-Selling Wow and Mamaearth Products
which shampoo is best? wow onion shampoo v/s mamaearth onion shampoo
wowvsmamaearthonionshampoo #mamaearthvswowonionshampoo #wowonionshampoo #mamaearthonionshampoo This video is related to comparision ...